- *** TWENTY NEW MANAGEMENT STYLES ***
- 1) MANAGING BY WALKING FASTER THEN THE EMPLOYEES
- These kind of managers you will always see in the corridor, ten steps
- away. "We'll have to talk" you can hear them say, just as
- disappeared around the corner.
- 2) MANAGING BY STARING OUT OF THE WINDOW
- These managers you usually meet with their backside faced to you with
- their hands in their pockets. When you talk to them, their thoughts
- out of the windows.
- 3) MANAGING BY POST-IT'S
- Some managers forget everything. They want to impress you with their
- "busyness" by continuously writing on Post-it's while you
- 4) MANAGING BY DELEGATION TO THE SECRETARY
- These managers just delegate everything to the secretary.
- If He is good, He knows what she must do.
- 5) MANAGING BY KNOWING NOTHING
- These managers don't really know anything at all.
- They let YOU give answers. Meanwhile they fill the time with nice
- anecdotes of irrelevant cases.
- 6) MANAGING BY CONCEPTUAL THINKING
- These people try to explain the present from a theoretical view of
- the far future. The idea that this never will work, completely satisfies
- They will always have something to talk about.
- 7) MANAGING BY HIDING INFORMATION
- Information hiders are aware of the market value of strictly secret
- kept information. You must be very thankful to get any information
- Beware of simulants from category 5!
- 8) MANAGING BY DOING EXACTLY WHAT THE BOSS SAYS
- These managers prevent their bosses from creative thinking. Else they
- got more work to do.
- 9) MANAGING BY WALKING ONE FOOT BEHIND THE BOSS
- In hierarchical organizations you can watch those groups walking in
- the corridor. The more equal managers are directly followed by the
- managers, and so on.
- 10) MANAGING BY SMILING AND WEARING NICE SUITS
- If you drink beer with them, lunch with them, smile to them and also
- wear nice suits, nothing can stop your career anymore.
- 11) MANAGING BY STUDYING
- Despite their continual attendances of all kind of studies and
- congresses, they still belong to category 5. The longer they learn,
the further they get
- from the practice.
- 12) MANAGING BY CREATING VAGUE OVERHEAD SHEETS
- Do you know them? Those sheets with some big arrows, boxes or
- circles? These sheets provide the ultimate proof of their overall brilliance.
- 13) MANAGING BY OPEN DOOR AND EMPTY ROOM
- This is a major improvement of the older 'OPEN DOOR' management
- style. Now you can really walk in and out anytime you want. Nobody
ever knows where these
- managers are.
- 14) MANAGING BY SPEAKING WITH OTHER MANAGERS
- This kind of managing is very popular. It will give them within a few
- hours the same information as an employee can tell them in 15 minutes.
- 15) MANAGING BY HAVING A NON SUPPORTING INFRASTRUCTURE
- In an organization with a hopeless infrastructure, managers are
- really necessary. These managers will naturally prevent the organization
from having a
- better infrastructure.
- 16) BUA MANAGEMENT ( BY USING ABBREVIATIONS )
- This management style is ATRASACWOC.
- ( Adopted To Reach A Shorter And Clearer Way Of Communication )
- 17) MANAGING BY USING BUZZ WORDS
- These managers like to bluff your head off with hip, nearly
- undefined, terms.
- 18) MANAGING BY REORGANIZATION
- If they think there is nothing more to organize, they reorganize.
- 19) MANAGING BY BELIEVING
- These managers must be spiritual educated, because they have no clues
- at all.
- 20) MANAGING BY FORGETTING PROMISES
- If you remind them to one of their promises, the priority of that
- promise is to low to remember.
Your feedback is important to us.
Please share your ideas, suggestions, or reports ...
Direct your email to Across Pacific
Please Sign Our Guest Book